We Have a Date!

I am not sure how I feel about this, we have a date for my upcoming surgery.

May 26, 2010 at 7:00am EST I will be going under as the Surgery team prepares to remove my Acoustic Neuroma.

In some ways this is great news! I now know how much time I have before the surgery and can set goals to finish things at work, make sure I wrap up any sermon series at NLC, and plan on extra time with the family. Family flying/driving in to be with my family and I, can now begin to make their travel arrangements.

On the other hand, having a surgery date makes this now more real than it has been up to this point. I am not looking forward to being in the hospital or the first week or two of recovery. They tend to make me a little uneasy now and again.

Still so far so good! God has been answering my prayers about minimizing side effects. Headaches are minor, no dizziness, or facial numbness. Last week I was feeling really fatigued. I prayed for God to give me strength so that I can continue to serve Him leading up to my surgery. Friday morning I woke up feeling great and have had plenty of energy since. Even for a 5 mile walk on Saturday reaching out to the neighborhood around the church. God is Good!

I am expecting to be off work for 6 weeks. I am hoping that weeks 5 and 6 will be spent FISHING! I probably wont have the energy to spend the whole day out on the boat, but I am sure hoping to spend more than a few half days on it. Maybe that we will be my measure for when I feel ready to go back to work. A full day on the boat means I am ready for work. :)

While I have my ups and downs, I know that Jesus Christ, my Lord is in control! After all He existed before time began, and created everything that has ever existed. My situation is nothing compared to the awesome power He has at His finger tips.

I am thankful and humbled by the fact that Jesus Loves me!

Please continue to pray for my family and I as we go through this. Also pray that lives are touched by my story.

Blessings to All,

Robert

P.S. I am still praying for a Miracle! All the glory is His!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

Sermon Notes - Revelation 3:7-13 - Letter to Philadelphia - Littleby Baptist Church - June 27, 2021