The Pastoral Invitation

This has been an exciting week off of work. My wife went to CA and came home, my Mother came for a visit from CA, and I spent a LOT of time with my kids. It was GREAT!

I had planned on doing reviews and running some year end metrics for work, but I did not. I checked email a couple of times while off and that was it. It was truly a week and a half off of work, and it was very nice.

The one thing I did work on this week was seeking God's will for me. I have spent more time praying this last week than I have in a while. Last Saturday I submitted a resume and sermon to a local Baptist church looking for a Bivo-Pastor. On Monday they sent me a questionnaire, and I returned that on Tuesday. Now today, Sunday January 3, 2010 I have been invited to preach at this church. I am their first candidate. I am humbled, nervous, and excited about this opportunity. January 17th, I will be preaching, be interviewed, and have lunch with the congregation.

My prayers are:
1. That God gives me a message they need to hear.
2. That God gives me the strength to give the message.
3. That God gives them the wisdom to make the correct decision.
4. That the right man for the job is chosen to lead this church into the future.

Yes, number 4 may mean I am not the person called to Pastor this church. I am more than ok with that, as I want God's man to lead this church into the future. I know the Lord has called me to ministry, this church may or may not be it. I am just thankful for this opportunity and chance to be a part of it.

Please pray for the Lord's will to be done!

Now the fun begins, I start work tomorrow, I start school tomorrow, and I have a sermon to prepare. Please pray that God gives me the strength and wisdom to do His will. School is over March 5th, so it may be tough between now and then, but I am almost done.

Blessings to All!

R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey