Resignation Letter for New Life Chapel

I have been waiting till I went back to work to determine if I agreed with something the Drs told me. They told me that while I was going back to work I would be very tired for 6 months to a year. They believe it will take that long to get back to where I was before the operation. They have told me that I should not work 2 jobs for a year, in my situation that would mean I could only work at Eaton or Pastor at New Life Chapel.

I wanted to see how I did for a week or two before I made a decision on what I was going to do. I have been praying that God would give me the strength and endurance to be able to continue with both. This week has shown me that having brain surgery takes a lot more out of you than I wanted to believe. After 3 days of being tired, today (Thursday) was pretty bad. For the first time in over a month I have gotten dizzy several times and lost my balance. I have also been so tired in the evening that there is no way I would be able to spend time prepping for a Sunday message or do anything else ministry oriented. I pretty much come home and sit on the couch until bed time.

With the Drs saying it will be 6 – 12 months before my strength returns, regrettably I will have to resign as Pastor of New Life Chapel. I will be of no use to my family, New Life Chapel, or Eaton if I push myself to hard and end up having additional medical issues.

This was not an easy decision for me to make, and was one that I did not want to concede to. But the physical issues I have been having today made it clear that I need to focus on my health first. I do not know why this has happened, but I know God has a plan and I am positive it is a great one. I look forward to seeing how He uses this situation to glorify His name.

May the Lord Bless You,

Robert Hudson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

Sermon Notes - Revelation 3:7-13 - Letter to Philadelphia - Littleby Baptist Church - June 27, 2021