A Full Circle - A Pastoral Call

A year ago things in my life were uncertain. I had recently been called to Pastor New Life Chapel in Michigan but I also found out that I had an Acoustic Neuroma Brain tumor. I was confident that God was in control, but was unsure about how things would play out.

God used the medical teams at the University Of Michigan Hospital to completely remove my tumor. Sadly I was having strength issues and was not able to continue as Pastor at New Life Chapel. It was a very difficult decision to step down, but I had no choice. I was not physically able to continue.

A few months later God opened a door for me to accept a new job here in Spencer, Iowa. Not ready to be a Pastor we plugged into our church, 9th St. They were searching for a new Pasotr and had just called a man to fill that role. As a church we were waiting for his arrival. Due to some medical issues for his newly born twins he had to make the tough decision to stay where he was.

Since then I have continued to help the church and preached as needed. As the church began looking for a new Pastor, Alexis and I were praying what our role here would be. A couple of weeks ago the leader of the Pastoral Search Committee asked me to submit my resume. We continued to pray about it and felt God giving us the green light.

This last Sunday the church voted me in as their new Pastor!

So here we are less than a year after my surgery God has restored me to what He has called me to do! I am excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to seeing what God has instore. He has obviously been active in our lives and I am sure they coming months will be amazing!

Thank you Jesus for all you have done!

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon Notes - Revelation 3:7-13 - Letter to Philadelphia - Littleby Baptist Church - June 27, 2021

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan