An In Between State - An update to our journey to Iowa

It has been roughly 2 weeks since my last post. Life has been busy! Needless to say we are now in between where we left and where we will end up.

My last post was written in a hotel room and so is this one. Last time I was in a room all by myself missing my family and beginning a new job. This time I am not alone and in a very nice hotel suite. Alexis and I are sitting at the kitchen table that seats six at our different computers. The kids are trying to go to sleep on the sofa bed and air mattress and the dogs are lounging around here somewhere.

As I look at this suite, I realize that it is bigger than our first apartment from almost 15 years ago. Heck it might be bigger than our second and third apartments. While back then it seemed so large, now we are crammed in here. Thankfully we have a full kitchen, a separate room for Alexis and I, and free access to the indoor water park every weekend! This was a great find for our temporary housing.

Today Alexis met with the realtor and sent the current owners of our new home the things we want fixed before closing. They are pretty minor in the scheme of things. Chimney's need to be cleaned and two minor plumbing issues. Gotta love those home inspections! They are to either fix these items or pay us some money and we will have them fixed after we move in. Their were a couple of other items that we decided to not worry about, since their fix and ours may be different. Most of them can probably be resolved in just a couple of hours of work by us. Living in this hotel has reminded me how much I am looking forward to be back in a 4 bedroom house instead of a 1 bedroom suite. As nice as it is, we need more space.

As I start my new job in earnest, I am still tying up lose ends in Jackson. I expect to be doing the same for the next month or two as planning for 2011 begins and hopefully my replacement is hired. While it may be difficult at times trying to balance the two, it helps me to feel better about leaving the old team behind. The SCM team (and others) in Jackson are amazing! I know I pushed hard at times, but each of them stepped up to the challenge and made things better. I owe a lot to them and am praying that their new leader continues to support and guide them!

Becca and Thomas started school today and really liked it. While it is different I am sure they will make new friends soon! Chris has an extra day, maybe two to adjust. He will spend time with Mom and the Principal taking a tour of the school on Tuesday and may have some placement tests. Found out he is a year ahead in math and that they have an Audiologist on site a couple of times a week. He will NOT be the only kid with hearing issues! Trying to encourage him to try out for wrestling! Both Alexis and I think he will be really good at it. He is strong and fast and should do great!

Work is off to a great start! I am starting to get a feel for the business or at lest the challenges we are dealing with today. While the position title is the same, the job is very different than what I was doing in MI. The team seems to know what they are doing, but have already seen that I am not a fan of the status quo. The new guy is rocking the boat already! Nothing new for me. :)

I am very thankful for all that God has done! This year has been amazing and we owe every bit of it to our Lord Jesus! He continued His blessings by getting us to Iowa with no problems. It was a nice uneventful 693 miles over two days. Had some good conversations, laughs, and food. Wish we had some more time to see some of the sites, but really enjoyed the time with the family.

Praying that He continues to bless us through this new adventure and looking forward to church this weekend! Our God is GREAT and I pray for His blessings over each of you!

God Bless!

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey