It has been 9 years since my AN tumor was removed

May 26, 2010 I was in the operating room for just under 11 hours. Recovery was a bear, especially with the extended stay at Michigan University Hospital due to a CSF Leak. Those first few weeks at home I slept more than I was awake. At 8 weeks post op, I returned to work, today I wish I had taken another week or two as I barely made it through each day. I had to step down from the church I was serving as I did not have the energy to work and pastor.

A Lot has changed in 9 years.

Today, I continue to work and run the Materials Team for a $300M business. God has opened the door for me to Pastor at Littleby Baptist Church. I serve our town as an Alderman. I continue to write and plan on self publishing my second book this year and have plans for a third in 2020.

There was a time that I honestly thought I would have been on disability by now. Having a severed vestibular (balance) nerve was causing significant issues and I was struggling with walking down the hall, let alone driving a car. Today I still struggle at times, but I have learned to adapt.

I know if I am going for a long walk to bring a walking stick. I know that I cannot drive on long trips anymore. I know that if I push myself in yard work, exercise, etc... it will take me several days to recover. But, I know that my God is with me.

My Acoustic Neuroma tumor may have slowed me down. It may have made things more challenging for me, but it has not stopped me. My God continues to use me. He continues to allow me to provide for my family. He continues to let me preach the Gospel. He allows me to care for His flock. He gives me the opportunity to give back to our community.

I pray that through all that my God has done for me, people will see Him at work. It is not by my strength that I carry on, but by His Strength.

The devil thought giving this tumor would cause me to stumble and fall. He thought it would have caused me to give up my faith and no longer carry on with the mission that was given to me by my Lord. The devil was wrong. My strength comes from Jesus. He is my salvation. He is my protector. His Spirit guides me and I will continue to seek His will for my life until I stand in His presence.

No matter what the devil throws your way do not give up on Your God. He is with you always. He will be by your side even in the darkest of hours. He will carry you when you are out of strength. His Peace will fill you. His Joy is ever lasting. Trust in Your Lord Jesus and He will NEVER leave you!

Psalm 27 (CSB)
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom should I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
whom should I dread?
When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh,
my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell.
Though an army deploys against me,
my heart will not be afraid;
though a war breaks out against me,
I will still be confident.

I have asked one thing from the Lord;
it is what I desire:
to dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
gazing on the beauty of the Lord
and seeking him in his temple.
For he will conceal me in his shelter
in the day of adversity;
he will hide me under the cover of his tent;
he will set me high on a rock.
Then my head will be high
above my enemies around me;
I will offer sacrifices in his tent with shouts of joy.
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Lord, hear my voice when I call;
be gracious to me and answer me.
My heart says this about you:
“Seek his face.”
Lord, I will seek your face.
Do not hide your face from me;
do not turn your servant away in anger.
You have been my helper;
do not leave me or abandon me,
God of my salvation.
10 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
the Lord cares for me.

11 Because of my adversaries,
show me your way, Lord,
and lead me on a level path.
12 Do not give me over to the will of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing violence.

13 I am certain that I will see the Lord’s goodness
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart be courageous.
Wait for the Lord.

May the Lord keep you safe and bless you abundantly!

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey