2014 has Passed and 2015 has Begun... A couple of quick thoughts

2014 was challenging and rewarding.

Medically - 4 hospitals, 11 doctors, and Zero answers.
Work - My work family had more than our share of people pass on.

Family - Have seen my kids continue to grow and excel at whatever they put their minds to.
Church - We have seen our small church grow.

While 2014 was not horrible, I am glad it is behind me and am looking forward to what 2015 brings.

I don't know if I will get any answers from the doctors or if I will be able to get back on my road bike. Not sure what new challenges or blessings will come, but I do know that I am not alone. My wonderful wife will be by my side every step of the way, and our Lord Jesus Christ will be with us!

As I was thinking about 2015 here are some of the things I will be remembering and focusing on.


“’For I know the plans I have for you’ this is the Lord’s declaration ‘plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” - Jeremiah 29:11

I do not know what is to come but even my medical issues are part of God's plan and are for my greater good.


“Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.” - Romans 12:2

I will continue to pray that God continues to transform me to be more like Jesus. I want to be in His perfect will.


"He must increase, but I must decrease" - John 3:30

Everyday, with every action, and in every thought I want Jesus to be first in my life.


“My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.” - 2 Chronicles 7:14

Revival, revival, revival! I am praying for revival in my heart, in our church, and in our country. We need it more today that we ever have!


“When they had prayed, the place where they were assembled was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak God’s message with boldness.” - Acts 4:31

Holy Spirit help me to speak and pray in boldness!


I also want to live with faith like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Faith that saw them face the fiery furnace and the lions den. Faith that God will be there no matter the obstacle or outcome. 


Only God knows what 2015 will bring each one of us. What I do know is that if I trust in God no matter what happens He will be with me! I pray that you put your trust in God and let him stand with you in 2015!

God Bless,

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey