4 Years Post Accoustic Neuroma Surgery

I celebrated my 4 year anniversary this week with a nice buffalo burger from Fuddruckers. While life has not always been easy since my surgery or all that I had to go through 4 years ago, May 26th will continue to be a day of celebration.

So here I sit 4 years post op wondering what to type. For those that have read the last couple of blog posts from a couple of months ago you know things have not been great. Last summer I was very active, riding bikes for 80 miles a week, riding roller coasters, and driving half way across the country and back. It was a great summer. When fall hit it seems my body started having issues. I had started stumbling and having minor vertigo issues. Over the last handful of months I have seen several doctors, 3 ENTs, 2 Neurologists, and help from our local GP. Sadly as of today they have no idea what is causing the issues. One Dr. gave us several wild guesses and said he has no real clue. None of the tests are telling us anything. I am sure there will be more to come as we continue to work with the various doctors. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on, so I can start driving again and hopefully get my butt back on a bicycle.

Some of the struggles I have been dealing with:
Getting dizzy while driving
Stumbling
Hand tremors
Tired and sore eyes
Needing frequent naps
Simple physical tasks (riding an exercise bike) wearing me out, even walking around Wal-mart drives me to nap

While things have not been the best, I still have hope. I know that God has taken care of me so far and I know He will continue to take care of me. My job is good, my family is doing great, and He is using us to minister at Clark Baptist Church. While I wish things were different I have so much to be thankful for.

No matter what goes on in life we have hope in Christ.

Colossians 1:21-24

"21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, 22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister."

Have faith in God and continue to seek His will for your life and you will have everlasting life with Him!

This is not the 4 year message I wanted to write, I had hoped that the amazing progress I was seeing would continue. That is not the case. One Dr. things my body is no longer compensating for the lose of the balance nerve, but he cannot tell me for sure or if it will come back. I have faith that my God still answers prayers and I will continue to do everything I can. While year 4 is not what I thought it was going to be it has still been a great year.

We have made new friends
We have been able to travel, we actually took a vacation
The kids are doing Great in school, all 3 are on the honor roll!!!!!
God is using us
.... just to name a few.

No matter how bad things may seem, there is always something to be thankful for. More importantly faith in Jesus Christ guarantees that any suffering is only temporary.

While year 4 has included some rocky roads, I am still excited to see what tomorrow brings. I am working hard to get back to exercising, and I am confident that God is not done with me yet.

Remember if you are still alive today, God can and will use you if you only let Him. Seek Jesus and He will guide you!

God Bless,

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey