Acoustic Neuroma - Meeting with Neurologist - February 18, 2014

The last 6 months have been a down hill trend for me and how I have been feeling. Balance and fatigue issues have been plaguing me and getting worse day by day.

Last week the Surgical ENT told me he was not sure of the cause so I reached out to a Neurologist. He agreed with us that the latest test on the ENT list was not something that was needed. It would only show that I am missing a balance nerve.

So today I had two vials of blood taken to check a few things and they want me to have another sleep study done. I have Sleep Apnea and the Dr. thinks that I am not getting deep enough sleep to accommodate for the damaged nerves and other issues. The increased fatigue (obviously) and the extra balance issues 'should' improve if they update the settings on my CPAP machine.

I am very hopeful that the Dr. is right and either the blood work or the sleep study will find an easy solution. The alternatives would most likely be life changing.

Should hear back in the next couple of days on the blood work, but the sleep study is not scheduled until April. I am on the cancelation list in hopes of moving it up into the next week or two. I really do not want to wait that long for answers.

Please keep the family in your prayers as we work through this.

Blessings,

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey