How Human am I - Scheduled my 3 year Acoustic Neuroma post surgery follow up

This last week I scheduled my 3 year MRI scan and follow up appointment. I have known that this was coming but I was not prepared for how I would feel once the appointment was scheduled.

For the first several hours after I made the call, I was nervous and scared. Why did I feel that way?

I know God is in control of my life and had taken care of everything and He already knows the outcome.

Why then am I nervous and scared about having my 3+ year post op check up? It is through these trials I am reminded that I am human.

Life has been going real good and I am doing more today than I was before my surgery. I am losing weight, and have been riding my bike many miles each week either on the exercise bike at home or on the gravel roads around town. Over the last couple of months I have been logging 400-500 miles per month. In addition to exercise, God has blessed me at my day job and I have been preaching on a semi regular basis again and loving every minutes.

Physically I am doing better, but having read countless personal accounts of people post Acoustic Surgery has me concern. I don't know how many stores I have ready with a re-occurrence and with something showing up on the scan last year that the Dr. believes is scar tissue. That scar tissue showing up on the scan has made me afraid.

Over the last couple of days I have remembered two things.

Colossians 1:15-16
"15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities— all things have been created through Him and for Him."

 My Lord Jesus Christ is the Master over all creation and if He created me He has everything under control.
 
The Bible also tell us 'Do not be afraid' or some similar phrase more than 365 times, more than one for every day of the year.
 
Isaiah 41:10
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand."
No matter what is going on in my life or yours you need not be afraid. For our Lord Jesus Christ is with us and will see us through anything!
 
Have faith in the Firstborn over all creation and KNOW that He is with you through everything.
 
I for one am confident that God is with me and that He is stronger than any challenge I may face. I pray that you will also lean on Him when you are week.
 
Have Faith, Do Not Fear, for God is with you!
 
God Bless,
 
Robert
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon Notes - Revelation 3:7-13 - Letter to Philadelphia - Littleby Baptist Church - June 27, 2021

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan