May 26, 2013 - Acoustic Neuroma Post Op - 3 Years!

It is hard to believe that 3 years ago this evening I was waking up from spending 10.5 hours on the operating table. I still remember waking up and the surgeon asking me to smile and he liked the big smile I was able to give back. It was the sign we were all looking for to ensure their was no damage to the facial nerve.

That is one of the many memories from that day and one of my favorite!

I have come to this 3rd anniversary and am eternally grateful for all that God has done. Any symptoms I have are minimal and rarely cause problems. The headaches I used to have a year ago, only happen every once in a great while. Balance issues only rear their head when I am very tired or when I try to read and walk at the same time, needless to say I try not to do that very often. Besides these couple of things, the hearing loss, and the scar that is viewable after a hair cut you would not know I had a brain tumor removed. As I have said before God is great!

Even today I am still thankful for the skilled physicians at University of Michigan Hospital and the wonderful care they gave me. I am even more thankful that this tumor was found when we lived 30 minutes away from one of the best hospitals for an Acoustic Neuroma tumor treatment in the country. With how many times we have moved in the last couple of years, only God could have coordinated us being that close. He is in control of everything!

One of the more recent developments has been me returning to a form of exercise I used to love, cycling. It started with an exercise bike and short rides around town. It has grown from there, this last week I have completed a total of 112 miles on the bike. My goal is to complete a 40 mile ride later this year and I am shooting for a 100 mile ride in 2014.

Colossians 1:15-20

" 15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

These verses remind us that Jesus was involved in the creation of everything in this world and in our lives. No matter what struggles we are facing or what challenge has been laid at our feet, Jesus is greater still. These verses are some of the many that carried me through my challenge 3 years ago and faith in Jesus can carry you through yours. No matter what you are facing Jesus Christ is the answer. As the Creator He is more powerful than anything we can face in this life. No matter what is thrown your way have Faith in Jesus and He will see you through it!

I love The Lord with all of my Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength... if you have yet to embark on that loving relationship I encourage you to start today. Search the web for how to accept Jesus and/or attend a church service in your area. Life will not get easier, but it helps to have the Creator on your side.

God Bless,

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan

My Medical Journey