12 Months Post Op - An amazing journey!

Today after church we were talking with some people and a comment was made about how amazing it is to see all that God has done in our lives over the last 12 months. I guess for me it was just my life, so I do not always realize how amazing it is.

I know that God has His hand on my life, and I know that He was in charge of it all. I know that He healed me and has used everything that has happened to touch others. With all that I still get surprised when I hear someone say something about it. When you live through something, you remember what God does, but it also begins to seem normal. Like it is nothing major.

So here I am about to celebrate my first year post op and I have to stop and remember how far I have come. A year ago I was preparing to have brain surgery and not sure how many side effects I would have. Not sure if I would be dealing with major headaches, facial paralysis, vertigo, and much much more. Today as I look back if I was to say that God has restored me to where I was, I would be mistaken.

God has done so much more! In the past 12 months, I have none of the major side effects I feared. He not only restored my job, He gave me a promotion! While I had to step down from a the pastorate He had given me to, He has called me to serve a wonderful group of people here in Spencer, IA. God took a rough situation and has blessed me abundantly!

As far as side effects, I am doing pretty darn good! Only side effect I would say that I am still dealing with is fatigue. It is not real bad, but I do take a nap or two on the weekend. Besides that my legs are feeling better, no dizziness, no facial numbness, etc... At one year Post Op I am doing great! Thank You Jesus for taking care of me!

May 26th is one year post op, and the family and I will be on vacation. To celebrate we will be heading to California for the first time in 3 years. We are looking forward to visiting with friends and family. Not to mention going to Disneyland! We are excited about taking time away and relaxing.

God has been amazing over the last year and I pray that if you have read my story, that He uses it to bless you!

Thank you for coming along on this amazing journey!

Please check out our new churches blog on the link below.

Ninth Street Baptist Blog

God Bless,

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon - Christmas Peace - Luke 2:14 - Littleby Baptist Church - December 20, 2020

Sermon Notes - Revelation 3:7-13 - Letter to Philadelphia - Littleby Baptist Church - June 27, 2021

Sermon March 20, 2011 - Jeremiah 29:11-14 God has a plan